Richard N. Bernstein is a Senior Of Counsel with the international law firm of Greenberg Traurig LLP. The firm has 1,800 lawyers in 36 offices around the world including Tel Aviv, Israel. Mr. Bernstein is resident in the Miami, Florida office.
He has focused his practice on corporate finance, including debt and equity; strategic and venture capital financings; mergers and acquisitions; distribution, licensing and technology transfer transactions; domestic and international joint ventures; nonprofit organizations; strategic partner transactions; and general corporate matters. He represents companies and organizations at all stages of development with a wide range of industry experience, including defense procurement, homeland security, software, Internet, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, aviation and textile businesses. He manages mergers and acquisition transactions and technology licensing matters in the United States, Israel, Poland, the Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay.
Mr. Bernstein’s primary philanthropic and NGO involvements include:
· Chair, United Israel Appeal, Jewish Federation of North America
· Member of the Executive Committee and Board of Governors, The Jewish Agency for Israel and Jewish Federations of North America
· Advisory Board Member, Dutch Jewish Humanitarian Fund
· Board Member of: the American Joint Distribution Committee; the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute; the iCenter, Greater Miami Jewish Federation; American Friends of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev; One Laptop Per Child Association
· Founder and Chairman, Florida-Israel Chamber of Commerce
· Member of American, Florida and Miami-Dade Bar Associations
Mr. Bernstein received his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 1980. He completed his M.B.A studies in 1977, and his B.B.A. studies summa cum laude in 1976, both from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Mr. Bernstein became a Certified Public Accountant in 1978 (currently inactive).